Wednesday, September 2, 2009

choices that apeal to me

what really appealed to me in the reading was the way that the teacher sees all the different students in the mock third grade classroom. I loved the choice to teach responsively ato all the parts, the who, what, where, and how we teach. she teaches different students of different cultures and backgrounds, and that each one has an individual need, that she needs to look beyond the state or district curriculum, and have each student make an improvement. The choice to make the classroom an environment of safety and learning. I know that these are the choices I would like to make in my classroom, but it also scares me. Im afraid that I will get into the classroom and be overwhelmed, and not be able to do all that, or that I won't recognize the needs of all the students. I know that it will probably be easy to just get in there and go by the book however, if I make these choices in advance I feel like I will have an easier time practicing differentiation in my classroom.

2 comments:

Teacherheart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teacherheart said...

You CAN be the teacher you want to be. I'm glad these ideas appeal to you... the more you read, the more you'll internalize these ideas. You can make it. You get 3 points for this.... because you also needed to respond to the morning meeting readings posted on Blackboard.