Wednesday, October 21, 2009

09/21/09

I have a headache that is bordering on a migraine, so I apologize that this will be a shorter blog maybe I will do a really really long one next week to make up for it :), but I did do the reading and I was really impressed with a lot of the organizers. I didn't realize that there were so many cool graphic organizers that you could use to differentiate. I will just talk about three of them that I liked. the first was the learning menus. I liked this one because of the choice it gives the students choices, they have to do the main course, but that generally fits everyone. then in the side dishes I like that students can pick something that fits for them, and can choose to go above and beyond if they would like to in deserts. I like that this makes it seem like the students are picking what to learn, kids love to feel like they have a part in the learning process. the second one is the tiered. this was great, because you can have students on different levels doing the same basic activity, but at their own level of learning, but it comes back to the main group. I especially liked the alien example, it was fun. The third one I liked was the think dots, this is really creative, and it would almost seem like a game to the students, and the teacher can design it based on the students readiness levels. liked the chapters, excited to get started in the classroom!

1 comment:

Teacherheart said...

Great responses, even for being sick! Get better... and thanks for participating in class today! 4 points